Saturday, October 29, 2011

Allison's Birthday - The Finale!

Allison was very funny about her birthday this year. She was very specific with what she asked for - and a lot of the time it wasn't presents. From Chris & I she wanted manicures/pedicures. From her Aunt Sara, she wanted a red and white afghan. From her Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen, she wanted to go to Pullman to visit her cousins! Too funny. So last weekend the four of us loaded up and drove across the state so visit my brother and his family.

The first day we were there Becky had a meeting and my dad wasn't feeling well, so Brian, my Mom and I took the girls to the local science center.

The virtual haircut creeped my mom out!

Allison and Crystal

Brian trying out the haircut


That evening my dad still wasn't feeling well so the rest of us  went to Ferdinand's - which is the creamery at WSU. They had YUMMY ice cream and we also got some famous cheese!



Abigail makes the cutest face when she says "cheese"
The next day we drove to Moscow and went to their farmer's market. There was so much yummy food to try! It was a lot of fun. 

They even had toys to play on and a live band - Abigail decided to dance for the camera while the kids played behind her.
On the way home from Moscow we went to a place where they study Grisly Bears. We got to see TEN of them. So cool. Of course I didn't take any pictures...

The real reason we went to the farmer's market was to get some apples to make applesauce. They gave us a smokin' deal and we got a TON of apples. Brian and my dad did most of the processing for the ones Brian and Becky were keeping.

We had so much fun with my brother and his family. The kids got along well and we had a lot of fun. We also did a little shopping and got to go swimming - which is where Allison started swimming a lot more by herself. Thank you Brian and Becky for an AWESOME weekend (oh, and mom and dad, too for giving Allison the best birthday present ever!)!

No comments: