Saturday, October 29, 2011

Allison - 5 year old Birthday Stats

I took Allison to the doctor for her well child visit. We were trying to combine her Doctor's visit with her Kindergarten shots, but of course the shot lady called in sick (Julie ended up taking her the next week to get her shots - I promised her there was only one and there ended up being THREE!). She did so good with the doctor. For awhile there she had had so many bad experiences with the doctor (burns, stitches, gash on her head, etc) that she would cry when she had to go to the doctor. She did GREAT for this appointment.

Height - 3' 8" - 79%
Weight - 47 pounds - 86%

I was kind of surprised that she's only 79% for Height. I get comment after comment about how big she is for her age. And compared to a lot of kids just older than her, she is really big...but I guess she's just a little bit above average after all.

This was the first well child visit that we did a little bit more than just weight and measure her. I was concerned about a couple things, so she had her eyes checked and got to pee in a cup! I know, TMI, but sometimes I worry she has bad eye sight so I wanted that checked - she's fine, by the way. Also, sometimes it seems like she has to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes, so the doctor wanted to check that out, too - also fine. It does feel good not to have to worry abut those things now that we gotten them checked out with the doctor.

Sometimes I swear Allison is 5 going on 13. She seems like such a big girl and has a big girl attitude as well. Her knew favorite saying is "OMG" which just cracks me up. She also says "really Mom, really?". I am so grateful to have Allison in my life - she makes things so much fun and interesting. She's such a smart little girl and keeps us on our toes. I still can't believe she's 5 already. Where has the time gone?

No comments: