Sunday, June 12, 2011

Camping!

We went on our second camping trip of the summer already! This weekend we did the annual Nadeau Family Wynoochie camping trip. Every year we go camping at Wynoochie the first weekend in June to fish for Steelhead. This year we ended up going the second weekend in June and didn't do a whole lot of fishing, but we had fun.

The weather was pretty overcast the entire time, but it didn't really rain. I'll take that for sure. And it definitely didn't keep Allison from enjoying the water.

Isn't it beautiful up there?
Hailee and Tim...
Allison is crazy! She did this twice while we were up there - started out by throwing rocks and then ended up getting soaked. Crazy kid.
And probably the funniest part of the trip was when we were relaxing by the lake and Allison came up to me with something in her hand. I looked at it and once I realized what it was I freaked! It was a USED tampon. She wanted me to hold it, but I made her throw it down and immediately go and wash her hands. The really fun part was explaining to her what it was used for. SO GROSS!!!
We did do a little fishing. These guys sure do look comfortable for fishing, but Brenda did catch a fish and ate it.
Chris and Allison decided to tough it out on the rocks. Allison fished with Chris for probably an hour. Too cute.
One day Allison was SUPER tired, but didn't want to take a nap. So I cuddled her in my lap and amazingly she fell asleep. This hasn't happened in awhile and I LOVED it.We also drove up to Wynoochie falls to explore. I hadn't been up there before, and it was pretty cool.
Here's a wide angle shot of the falls to the left and Chris and Allison to the right. If you'll look above them, you can see Brenda and the boys. They were crazy, and it was a good thing Brenda was with them or the would have continued climbing.
It was a great weekend and a fun trip. Now back to reality tomorrow! At least the camping stuff is all put away and the laundry is almost done. Time to relax!!

No comments: