Thursday, October 28, 2010

MIAMI

I had the AMAZING opportunity to go to Miami last weekend with my brother Kevin & his wife Chanel. Kevin had some sort of dental conference to attend, and I went to keep Chanel company while he was in class. It was definitely hard to be away from my husband and child for 5 days, but I loved getting to take a little break from reality and try something new.
This is the beautiful view from our hotel room. We stayed at an awesome resort with something like 2 golf courses, a huge spa, two pools - 1 with a waterfall, a lazy river, a water slide, private beach, etc. It was great! You almost didn't even need to leave!
The first night we headed down to south beach and I had my first experience with the Atlantic Ocean. Man, it was warm! And so pretty.
This was the pool with the waterfall. We enjoyed spending the 2nd day laying out by the pool while Kevin was in class. We ordered food while we bathed in the sun. That is the life!

The 2nd night we took a boat tour and saw the city that way. So fun!

The 3rd day we went on an air boat ride in the Everglades. So cool!

Sorry about the pictures! All I had was my phone...and obviously I am a little self-absorbed because all of the pictures are of me and NONE of Kevin and Chanel. Whoops! I'll have to remember to be better next time.

This trip was great, and I am so glad Kevin and Chanel invited me along. Such a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will never forget!

1 comment:

Daniel and Heather said...

So BEAUTIFUL! Now I totally want to go swimming at that pool, it's amazing!! Glad you had fun..