Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Follow-Up

This is a follow-up to my last post. Since I didn't take any pictures that crazy weekend I had to steal them from Chanel's blog.
This first picture is Chris, Chanel & I at my cousin's birthday party in Seattle. Doesn't Chris look thrilled? I have such a great husband - he HATES crowds and unknown places, but he has really been trying to go and do things with me even though it may make him uncomfortable. Isn't he sweet?
This next picture is when we jumped in the Satsop river after we went shooting....it was really cold.
After Stake Conference that Sunday we took a drive and ended up at the Steel Bridge....let's just say it was a little more intense when you're responsible for little children not falling off! I'm beginning to understand my mother's fear of heights more and more in my old age!

This last weekend was pretty crazy, too (I am REALLY slacking about taking pictures - hopefully Chanel will post some more I can steal). Last Friday we went to Chuck E. Cheese for Mark's birthday party - I can't believe that kid is FOUR. It was an awesome party except Allison hated the Chuck E. Cheese mouse. Which I have to say is a bit of a relief considering she was dying to have her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese in a couple weeks and now she's okay if we don't. Whew!

Saturday we went out hunting in the morning (I actually got my hunting license and was looking to get my first grouse - which didn't happen). In the afternoon my ENTIRE family plus Tim & Julie went to the Puyallup Fair. That was just plain insanity! My immediate family consists of 18 people, plus my Grandma, B, Tim & Julie - that's 22! Needless to say we weren't able to all go around the fair together - plus that place was CRAZY on a Saturday night. Once again Chris was awesome and came with us even though that many people made him nuts. We ended up only staying for a little bit and let Mark and Allison go on a few rides before we met up with most of the family and then left. Next year we will have to do the fair on a weekday for sure!

So once again we had an insane weekend packed with lots of fun. I'm waiting for one of those "relaxing" weekends I've heard so much about - but I just don't see that in my future!

2 comments:

Jenn Tobin said...

That is funny, I used to LOVE heights, I wanted to go skydiving, and anything else that involved heights. And now that I have kids, heights TERRIFY me. Even bridges freak me out! You should have seen me at the Grand Canyon, I had nightmares, for literally weeks afterward! I always thought I was just a little insane, glad to know I am not:-) It is just a mom thing:-) Glad to see Chris 'growing'

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! So you were wondering about D--she is in Trinidad....I haven't heard from her in a few months but she was doing good! She is absolutely gorgeous too! I decided I want to go live on her island with her so I can lose some weight! (I think not having babies might have helped too.....hehe)