Monday, January 28, 2008

Catch-Up

I've been getting harassed a bit for my failure to post updates recently. I guess I deserve it since I'm usually the one doing the harassing to those who are not updating their blogs. Call me a hypocrite, whatever....I'll get better. As for now, I'll just give you an update on our lives and then try and post some pictures later. Is that good enough??

Chris started a new job in Bremerton on December 10. It's a really great job and we're extremely excited for this opportunity. For the first year he has classes 2 nights a week. After the first year, he can apply to get into a different program and then classes will be during work....which will be nice. It's a little tough on him since he has to catch the bus at 5:20am and then doesn't get home some nights until 8:30pm - but we know it's worth it and are looking towards the future when I can stay home and have more children. If we can just make it through the first year, then we'll be fine!

Chris' brother Tim got married on Saturday and Chris was a Groomsman. It was fun to watch him walk down the isle because I knew how much he was hating it (am I a mean wife or what??). He was a little upset that day, though - before we left for Rochester in the morning he specifically asked me if we should take an extra memory card for our camera - I told him that we had a 2GB memory card and there was no way we could fill it up. When I got there I took out the camera to take some pictures, and guess what - I had left the memory card at home....needless to say Chris was just a little upset. The good thing was that I did have our video camera and was able to take a lot of video....which nobody else was doing. I just hope they turned out okay - I'm glad my dad was there to help with Allison while I was videoing. Anyway, we're totally happy for Tim and Julie and if you want to see pictures, check out Carolyn's blog.

I'm still working for the State and am totally bored! I just can't wait to be a stay-at-home mom. I know that won't be easy either, but I just feel like that's where I need to be. It's really hard to have to wake Allison up at 6am and take her to daycare every day. I know she would be a much happier kid if she could just sleep in a little longer. I keep telling myself that if we can hold out a little bit longer things will change....

As for Allison, she's growing like a weed! Every time she's around other kids her age she just dwarfs them. She's so big!! I guess that's what she gets for having such tall parents. She's looking so different now that her hair is getting longer - I actually had to cut her bangs because they were hanging in her face....

Like I mentioned before, since Chris started working at the Shipyard, Allison is now in daycare. We asked Danelle McGee to watch her, and we couldn't have found a better person to take care of our child - Chris always says he thinks she's getting better care with Danelle than she would have with him. I don't know about that, but it is working out really well for us. Danelle has a 2-year-old daughter so it's fun to watch them play.

Gosh, I'd better stop typing, or you'll never get through this. Basically we are all doing just fine and I will try and post some pictures a little later.

2 comments:

Jenn Tobin said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what had happened to you guys, we haven't heard from you in a while:)
Sounds like things are going just the way you want them, I am glad Chris got a good job, that he is happy with, that always helps:)

Carolyn said...

Yea! You updated your blog! Thanks for the update. I'm sorry your job is boring. And yes, being a stay-at-home mom is the most rewarding career I could have ever asked for! And no, it's certainly not easy! You'll get there, I have faith. I certainly have more of an appreciation for working moms now that I've done both, though!

It was good to see you Saturday. Melissa and I were talking about having more family get-togethers. I'd like to try for a once-a-month potluck, since with little kids it's not always easy to eat out, plus it gets kind of expensive, and Dave and I are trying to cut back.