Friday, April 1, 2011

The BIG Haircut!

It was time! Allison and I had been wanting to cut her hair for some time. It was long and beautiful, but just no fun to brush. Allison would cry every time and I would try to be gentle, but there was no way. I guess I really shouldn't complain - she had the easiest hair to maintain - even if we didn't brush it, it still looked nice - just hung the way it was supposed to. But Allison and I were done with it. It was a continual fight with Chris who absolutely did not want us cutting her hair. Well, randomly one day he said he was okay if we got it cut - I mean, it was out of the blue! Thank goodness I had the next day off of work and we quickly had it done before he changed his mind! Of course, when we were finally about to do it, Allison decided to get scared and didn't want to do it. A little bribing goes a long way and we ended up getting it done. The first step - getting rid of this LONG pony tail. At this point I started to have a bit of a panic attack. I was thinking - oh my gosh, what have I done? Her hair was so beautiful, and I just chopped it off!
But after she was done, she was so happy. Look at all that hair we chopped off!
A few days later, we did a little photo shoot at home. I LOVE her haircut. At first I wasn't so sure because it's a bit choppy in the back and she looks so much OLDER now. But it has definitely grown on me and makes getting her ready for things so much easier. Don't mind the jammies in the pictures...



Doesn't she look old? Too stinkin' cute!

No comments: