Saturday, July 11, 2009

Independence Day!

4th of July was a lot of fun this year. Friday night we went out to Matlock to stay the night with some friends. We camped in their backyard and had lots of fun. Saturday we had TWO parties to go to, so it was a busy day.

First we went to Chris' Dad's house for a BBQ. There was a lot of great food and fun conversation....I got to make the Potato Salad for the first time, and I think I did pretty good - Nadeau's are pretty picky about their potato salad, so I was a bit nervous.

This party was much more relaxed then the second one we went to - as Allison, Tim and Julie are showing...

After that we went to my parent's house and it was CRAZY. TONS of people - my dad turned the back yard into a parking lot. I think I'm starting to be more like my husband - big groups are starting to be a bit much for me.

While it was light outside, we did some of the kiddie fireworks...

Later, when it got dark we did the real fireworks - no pictures, I was enjoying it too much. I swear it lasted for over an hour and they were incredible. Cleaning up the next day wasn't so fun, but it was worth it for the show we had. We love 4th of July - probably one of our FAVORITE holidays.

No comments: