Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas

Well, it's been awhile, so to catch-up, I'm going all the way back to Christmas.

The season started out with the Primary Christmas party. Allison was so excited to go, and was even more excited when she found out they were eating pizza. Santa Claus came for a visit. Since Allison happens to have a close, personal relationship with this certain Santa, I had her go back and see him before he came out to see the rest of the kids (I didn't want her ruining it for all of the other kids). It was super cute - we went into the room where he was waiting and at first she was really scared of him. Then, he started talking to her and all of a sudden she goes, "Wait, you're not Santa, you're my Grandpa!" It was really cute, and I was glad she had that reaction when none of the other kids were around. (By the way, can you tell that I let her dress herself on Saturdays? - Yikes!)
Of course, since she knew who it was, she wouldn't stay away from him.

The next party was the Ward Christmas Brunch. I didn't take too many pictures, but the one picture I did take was of Allison singing with the other Primary kids. It was so cute to see her up there with all the other big kids. She loved every minute of it.

Christmas Eve was spent with the Nadeau's. Allison loves spending time with her cousins Lacy and Rose. It is so nice that they all get along.
Allison got some amazing presents from her Papa and Brenda. She was super spoiled this year, but I think it was because she is the perfect age for Christmas and there are so many toys to buy for 3-year-olds.
Allison and her Daddy....
Christmas morning we woke up in our own home and had our own little Christmas with just the three of us. It was so nice and special to spend time as a family.

After we were done opening presents at our house, we went over to my Mom & Dad's. Almost everyone was there for at least a little while, but then some of my siblings had other parties to go to. In the end, Allison ended up being the only kid - which I think she preferred. She was the center of attention ALL day.
One of the things Allison got for Christmas was an Easy-Bake type toy. She absolutely LOVES it, while I absolutely HATE it. It makes such a mess and is not something she can do on her own. I think this toy may get lost in the garage sometime soon.....
Overall, we had an amazing Christmas and it was great to spend time with all of our family. It gets more and more fun each year as Allison gets older and starts to understand what Christmas is all about. Next year we'll have to work on focusing on the true meaning of Christmas and not spoil her quite as much....yeah right!

No comments: