Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scary Moments

Well, I've been meaning to post this for a week now. I believe it was last Tuesday.....Allison decided to pull a cup of scalding hot chocolate down onto herself. We had all decided to have some cocoa, but it was too hot to drink so we were waiting for it to cool off. We had only turned our backs for a moment when Allison made a bee-line for the cup. We didn't realize what had happened until she started screaming!! Poor thing! We immediately got her clothes off and put some cold water on it to help calm her down. I don't think I've ever heard her cry like that before!
She was burned pretty bad all down her front. She had little red dots, but no big blisters. We decided to put some aloe on it and keep on eye on it.
It didn't take long for her to calm down and get back to our normal Allison. I was amazed that even just an hour or so after the incident she was totally calm and it didn't seem to really hurt her anymore. Little kids heal so fast!! She still has a couple of little spots on her chest, but it looks like she's gonna be just fine!! It was just a really scary moment for us fairly new parents....I'm sure there are many more to come.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad she's okay! It is always terrifying when something like that happens to your child. Poor Allison!

Laura McGee said...

holy heck that would scare the crud out of me!!

Jenn Tobin said...

Poor pretty princess! how scary, and you are right, there will be MANY more scary ones to come, sorry, life with kids is scary:) I am glad she is feeling better though:)

Marisa said...

Wow, I thought I'd seen it all with my kids but that burn looks so painful! Crazy what they can do in 2 seconds!

Nadeau Family said...

You know, for as bad as the burn looked, it really didn't seem to bother her much after about 20 minutes. I was amazed!!

Melissa said...

poor baby! Imagine if it had been Chris! it would have taken him much longer to calm down...