Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Injury #59,574

Seriously, I cannot even remember all of the injuries this kid has gotten over the past three years. I'm afraid she may be a tad bit accident-prone. At least we are learning how to handle these situations calmly!

This is the story: Allison and I were doing dishes one afternoon and there was a tin can in the sink that I needed to rinse out and put in recycling. The lid was still partially attached, and little Allison decided to put her thumb inside the can. Since the lid was still attached her thumb got stuck inside and she freaked out. I reached over to help her get it out, and she ripped her thumb out of the can - creating a nice big gash on her thumb.

After 3 hours in Urgent Care Allison left extremely traumatized and her thumb now has six stitches. I didn't know you could fit six stitches on her tiny little thumb, but they managed.

Excuse the picture - with my camera dead, we have to rely on the cell phone to document things around here.

2 comments:

Jenn Tobin said...

OH MY, poor Princess!! That is so sad! But she looks happy considering:)

Jagen said...

To the Nadeau Family,
My daughter insisted on peeling an orange once. She wound up getting stitches between her thumb and pointer finger. I'll never forget the look on her face when she realized she had done exactly what I told she might do if she didn't stop and put the knife down. I wrapped up her hand and hugged her all the way to the doctor's office, and didn't let go of her until he was finished stitching her up. She was a very brave little girl, and after it was all over I was very proud of her. I'll never forget the event and I can imagine how you must have felt.

Thank God she's alright,
good luck, Jagen