Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Calling

I got a new calling at church at church today - Enrichment Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency (or 2nd Counselor). Yikes! I'm really excited about this new opportunity - I had been in Young Women's for like 3 1/2 years or something crazy like that - but I am going to miss my girls and the other leaders a TON. It's going to be really hard for me to not go up to the church every Wednesday night....but I think my husband will enjoy having me home more. Just something new to get used to, I guess....not sure if I'm happy or sad yet - a little of both I guess.

So, if anyone has some good Enrichment ideas, I'm going to need them! I was the Enrichment Counselor once before when I was at BYU-Idaho, but that was with a bunch of young girls that just wanted to have fun. This is totally different, I have to try to please all the women - 18 to 99 - it just seems a little bit overwhelming!

2 comments:

Laura McGee said...

hey. some ideas... sewing. i like to sew and there are SO many practical and easy projects out there. check out makeitandloveit.blogspot.com
also i make the cutest bandana shorts :) easy peasy!

Nadeau Family said...

Hey Laura, since you'll be in my ward soon enough I'm sure I'll be enlisting some of your talents!